Issues to resolve
Anyterm has existed in its current state for a few years now and
I consider it stable - but imperfect. Here are the issues that I think need to
be addressed. If you have the necessary skills to fix any of them, do get in touch.
- Some keys auto-repeat but others (e.g. cursor keys)
- There are some problems with the keyboard code in Konqueror
and Opera. For example, if anyone can suggest how to tell the
difference between a double quote and page down in Opera, please
let me know: they both return keycode 34.
- Some keys may not work on some browsers. In particular,
ctrl-^ (ASCII code 30) doesn't work on Mozilla; as a work-around
for this particular problem you can type ctrl-. instead to get that
code. Please report any other combinations that don't work for
- It doesn't really work on phones and tablets, because they do
not present their on-screen keyboards.
- Multiple sessions between the same browser and server may not
work well since the browser may limit itself to two simultaneous
connections per server; correct operation of the display update
channel requires that each session can have a request in progress
at any time. Increasing Mozilla's
fixes it. Can it also be fixed using any sort of HTTP header
magic, e.g. avoiding keepalive?
- There have previously been problems when sessions are closed,
e.g. processes hang around forever or become zombies. Some issues have been
fixed in this area, but some problems may remain. Let me know if
you see any problems.
- Display glitches do sometimes occur because of limitations and bugs in
the terminal emulation.
- Not much testing has been done with several simultaneous
connections, since I don't have enough hands to do this
properly. Let me know if you find any issues.
There are probably thousands of other things to mention. Do get
in touch if you have found a problem, or a solution.